San Anselmo (Butterfield/Meadowcroft-Arroyo) Sewer Improvements
FY 2016/17 Gravity Sewer Improvements
Mobilize: Spring 2019
Complete: Fall 2019
July 2019 Update
Phase One sewer infrastructure improvements on Butterfield Road (between Willow Way and Arroyo Ave) began June 17.
Project contractor K.J. Woods Construction, Inc. is performing critical improvements to Ross Valley Sanitary District (RVSD) sewer infrastructure in the Meadowcroft neighborhood as part of the San Anselmo Sewer Improvements (Butterfield/Meadowcroft-Arroyo) Project.
Regular work hours and road closures will be Monday – Friday, from 7 AM to 4 PM. This schedule is weather dependent and subject to change. We will notify you if changes are necessary.
- Work is anticipated June 17 - November 14, 2019
- Expect traffic delays on Butterfield Rd.
- Phase Two construction on Willow Way and Meadowcroft is scheduled to being fall 2019.
Click here to view the June 14 Construction Notice (PDF) for more information about construction along Butterfield Road, Meadowcroft Drive, Brookmead Court, and Willow way..
Project Information and Construction Notices
Please see individual project construction notices for information about allowable work hours in each work area.
- Click here to view the Project Information Sheet.
- Click here to view the April 5, 2019 Town of San Anselmo - Meadowcroft Dr Paving Project Update.
- Click here to view the Butterfield/Meadowcroft-Arroyo project presentation given at the March 28, 2019 open house.
- Click here to view the July 24, 2018 San Anselmo Town Council presentation.
Please see the Current Infrastructure and Upcoming Capital Projects map below or click here to view both current and completed CIP projects on an interactive map. You can also go to the project pages listed on the left of this page for more information about other CIP projects that are under construction or scheduled to begin soon.
Project Manager - Jill Barnes, P.E.
Construction Manager - Justin Seufert, P.E.
The San Anselmo (Butterfield/Meadowcroft - Arroyo) Sewer Improvements will replace old or outdated system infrastructure and enhance local wastewater system reliability and efficiency. Construction to improve system performance during wet weather will involve installation of 2,300 linear feet (LF) of sewer pipeline ranging in size from 8 to 18 inches in diameter and work on associated structures.
RVSD, the Marin Municipal Water District (MMWD), the Town of San Anselmo (Town), and Marin County are coordinating to reduce construction impacts. A partnership between the Town, MMWD, and RVSD allowed narrow sections of The Alameda to be widened, providing a safer route and enhanced fire and police access. RVSD will complete improvements that are already under way on Sir Francis Drake Blvd., Broadmoor Ave., and Meadowcroft Dr. in spring 2019.
Coordinated project planning with the Town, local schools, and transit and fire districts will help to reduce traffic impacts from the upcoming Butterfield/Meadowcroft - Arroyo project. Sewer pipelines in Butterfield Rd., from Arroyo Ave. to Caleta Ave. are planned for replacement in summer 2020.
Project Construction Will Include
- Sanitary sewer replacements on public and private property.
- Sewer pipeline installation via open-cut removal and replacement, pilot tube guided bore construction, pipe lining methods, and pumping of sanitary sewer flow as-needed.
- Excavation, shoring and backfill, saw cutting and lateral replacement, pipe and manhole repairs and pavement restoration.
What You Can Expect
Please expect noise, dust, lane closures and detours, parking restrictions, travel delays, and night-time work near the work sites during construction activity. Written notification and road signage with specific construction details will come from the contractor. Mail and package delivery to these areas will not be interrupted. Local and emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Noise, Dust, Lane Closures and Detours, Restricted Parking, Travel Delays, Night-Time Work
More Information About Construction Projects
To find out if there will be construction in your neighborhood
Notify Me at RVSD.org/notifyme and click to select the Construction Updates you want.
To leave a message or request being added to the project email list
Call RVSD at 415-259-2949. Our office staff are available Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
We can assist you with emergency service 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
RVSD APPRECIATES your patience as we fulfill our commitment to making strategic long-term infrastructure improvements.