Lower Shady Lane / Poplar Ave Sewer improvements
Large Diameter Gravity Sewer Project II-3B
Mobilized: June 2019
Complete: December 2019
October 2019 Update
Sewer replacement and rehabilitation construction on Poplar Avenue and Ross Common began in early August. Work on Lower Shady Lane was completed in late July. Cratus Inc. is the contractor for RVSD.
- Portions of Poplar Avenue and Ross Common (between Kentfield and the Post Office) will be closed from 8 AM to 5 PM every day during construction, impacting the day to day operations of businesses and residents in the downtown area well into November 2019.
The RVSD project team and Town representatives provided an overview of what to expect and discussed project impacts at a Community Open House held on July 25, 2019 at Ross Town Hall. Click here to see the project presentation given by RVSD.
- Contractor Cratus Inc. re-mobilized on Shady Lane (at Ross Creek) in mid-September. Work at Ross Creek is anticipated to be complete in mid-October. for more information.
- Poplar Ave roadway restoration is scheduled to be complete the week of October 7. One-way traffic control is in effect while this work takes place.
- Open trenches are covered with steel plates when work is not taking place.
- Pipe lining of the sewer main on Poplar Ave (from downtown to the County line) is scheduled for the week of October 14. The notice regarding impacts associated with this effort will be linked here when ready for distribution.
- Cyclists are encouraged to use the Norwood/Fernhill detour while work is in progress on Shady Lane at Ross Creek.
- Motorists are reminded to follow both flagger instructions and detour signage.
- All work on Poplar Ave is anticipated to be complete by Halloween. Remaining work on Shady Lane will be suspended on Halloween Day.
Project Information and Construction Notices
Please see individual project construction notices for information about allowable work hours in each work area.
- Click here to view the Project Information Sheet.
- Construction notices will be posted here as they become available.
Please see the Current Infrastructure and Upcoming Capital Projects map below or click here to view both current and completed CIP projects on an interactive map. You can also go to the project pages listed on the left of this page for more information about other CIP projects that are under construction or scheduled to begin soon.
Project Manager - James Smith, P.E.
Construction Manager - Justin Seufert, P.E.
The Lower Shady Lane / Poplar Ave Sewer Improvements will replace old or outdated system infrastructure and enhance local wastewater system reliability and efficiency. Construction to improve system performance during wet weather will involve rehabilitation of 4,200 linear feet (LF) of existing 21 inch diameter sewer pipeline and associated structures. The project is being completed at a cost of $4.9 million.
The project is located in three areas: Ross Creek, Lower Shady Lane and Kent/Poplar Ave.
Project Construction Will Include
- Sanitary sewer replacements on public and private property.
- Bore-and-jack siphon crossing Ross Creek at Locust.
- Parallel sewer construction by open-cut.
- Sewer pipeline rehabilitation via trench-less methods such as cured-in-place pipe or fold and form, with bypass pumping of sanitary sewer flow.
- Excavation, shoring and backfill, saw cutting.
- Pipe and manhole repairs.
- Pavement restoration.
What You Can Expect
Please expect noise and dust, vibration, possible odors, lane closures and detours, parking restrictions, travel delays and night-time work on streets near each work site during construction activity. Mail and package delivery to these areas will not be interrupted. Local and emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Noise, Dust, Vibration, Possible Odors, Lane Closures and Detours, Restricted Parking, Travel Delays
More Information About Construction Projects
To find out if there will be construction in your neighborhood
Notify Me at RVSD.org/notifyme and click to select the Construction Updates you want.
To leave a message or request being added to the project email list
Call RVSD at 415-259-2949. Our office staff are available Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. We can assist you with emergency service 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
RVSD APPRECIATES your patience as we fulfill our commitment to making strategic long-term infrastructure improvements.