Ross Common / Upper Shady Lane Sewer improvements
Large Diameter Gravity Sewer Project II-3A
Mobilize: July 2018
Completed: Summer 2019
November 2019 Update
Work on upper Shady Lane is complete.
Project Information and Construction Notices
Please see individual project construction notices for information about allowable work hours in each work area.
- Click here to view the Project Information Sheet.
- Construction notices will be posted here as they become available.
- Click here to view the September 13, 2018 CIP Update to the Ross Town Council.
Please see the Current Infrastructure and Upcoming Capital Projects map below or click here to view both current and completed CIP projects on an interactive map. You can also go to the project pages listed on the left of this page for more information about other CIP projects that are under construction or scheduled to begin soon.
Project Manager - James Smith, P.E.
Construction Manager - Justin Seufert, P.E.
The Upper Shady Lane and Ross Common Sewer Improvements will replace old or outdated system infrastructure and enhance local wastewater system reliability and efficiency. Construction to improve system performance during wet weather will involve rehabilitation of 2,300 linear feet (LF) of sewer pipeline ranging in size from 8 to 28 inches in diameter and associated structures. The project is being completed at a cost of $4 million.
Work will take place within two project areas located in the Town of Ross: the Bolinas Ave/Upper Shady Lane area (Upper Shady) and the Lagunitas Ave/Ross Common (Ross Common).
Project Construction Will Include
- Sanitary sewer replacements on public and private property.
- Sewer pipeline rehabilitation via pipe bursting (~1,420 LF), open-cut removal and replacement (~650 LF) and slip-lining (~190 LF), with bypass pumping of sanitary sewer flow.
- Excavation, shoring and backfill, saw cutting, pipe and manhole repairs and new manholes.
- Landscape and pavement restoration.
What You Can Expect
Please expect noise and dust, vibration, possible odors, lane closures and detours, parking restrictions, travel delays and night-time work on streets near each work site during construction activity. Mail and package delivery to these areas will not be interrupted. Local and emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Noise, Dust, Vibration, Possible Odors, Lane Closures and Detours, Restricted Parking, Travel Delays
More Information About Construction Projects
To find out if there will be construction in your neighborhood
Notify Me at RVSD.org/notifyme and click to select the Construction Updates you want.
To leave a message or request being added to the project email list
Call RVSD at 415-259-2949. Our office staff are available Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
We can assist you with emergency service 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
RVSD APPRECIATES your patience as we fulfill our commitment to making strategic long-term infrastructure improvements.