Fairfax, Larkspur, San Anselmo Sewer Rehabilitation Projects
FY 2016/17 Gravity Sewer Rehabilitation Projects
Mobilized: November 2017
Complete: Winter 2018/19
May 2019 Updates
- Project updates will be posted as they become available.
Project Information and Construction Notices
Please see individual project construction notices for information about allowable work hours in each work area.
- Click here to view the Project Information Sheet.
- Click here to view Construction Notices as they become available.
- Click here to view the August 1, 2018 Fairfax Town Council presentation.
- Click here to view the September 5, 2018 Larkspur City Council presentation.
Please see the Current Infrastructure and Upcoming Capital Projects map below or click here to view both current and completed CIP projects on an interactive map. You can also go to the project pages listed on the left of this page for more information about other CIP projects that are under construction or scheduled to begin soon.
Project Manager - Dennis Gavallos
Construction Manager - Justin Seufert, P.E.
Contractor - Maggiora & Ghilotti Inc.
Call: 415-459-8640 (24-hour contact / dispatch)
The 2016/17 Sewer Rehabilitation Projects will replace old or outdated system infrastructure and enhance local wastewater system reliability and efficiency. Construction to improve system performance during wet weather will involve rehabilitation of 42,000 linear feet (LF) of sewer pipeline and work on associated structures. The project is being completed at a cost of $9.8 million.
Within the communities of Fairfax, Larkspur, San Anselmo and the County of Marin in Ross Valley, construction will take place at various sites including but not limited to: Scenic Road (Fairfax and San Anselmo), Foothill Road, Allyn Ave, Redwood Road (Fairfax and San Anselmo), Floribel Ave, Frustruck Ave, Woodside Drive Easement, Manzanita Road, Hillside Drive, Creek Road, Sir Francis Drake Blvd and The Alameda Easement.
Project Construction Will Include
- Sanitary sewer replacements on public and private property.
- Sewer pipeline rehabilitation via cured-in-place pipe lining methods (~25,600 LF), pipe bursting (~10,000 LF), open-cut removal and replacement (~5,600 LF) and horizontal direction drilling (~830 LF), with bypass pumping of sanitary sewer flow.
- Excavation and backfill, shoring, saw cutting and lateral replacement.
- Pipe and manhole repairs.
- Pavement restoration.
What You Can Expect
Please expect noise, dust, lane closures and detours, parking restrictions, and travel delays near the work sites during construction activity. Mail and package delivery to these areas will not be interrupted. Local and emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Noise, Dust, Lane Closures and Detours, Restricted Parking, Travel Delays
More Information About Construction Projects
To find out if there will be construction in your neighborhood
Notify Me at RVSD.org/notifyme and click to select the Construction Updates you want.
To leave a message or request being added to the project email list
Call RVSD at 415-259-2949. Our office staff are available Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
We can assist you with emergency service 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
RVSD APPRECIATES your patience as we fulfill our commitment to making strategic long-term infrastructure improvements.