San Anselmo (Nokomis and Meadowcroft) Sewer Improvements
FY 2016/17 Gravity Sewer Improvements
Mobilized: Summer 2018
Completed: Summer 2019
Project Information and Construction Notices
Please see individual project construction notices for information about allowable work hours in each work area.
- Click here to view the Project Information Sheet.
- Click here to view the Technical Report for the SSO that occurred on Broadmoor Ave on January 6, 2019.
- Click here to view the July 24, 2018 San Anselmo Town Council presentation.
Please see the Current Infrastructure and Upcoming Capital Projects map below or click here to view both current and completed CIP projects on an interactive map. You can also go to the project pages listed on the left of this page for more information about other CIP projects that are under construction or scheduled to begin soon.
Project Manager - Jill Barnes, P.E.
Construction Manager - Justin Seufert, P.E.
The San Anselmo (Nokomis and Meadowcroft) Sewer Improvements will replace old or outdated system infrastructure and enhance local wastewater system reliability and efficiency. Construction to improve system performance during wet weather will involve rehabilitation of 3,300 linear feet (LF) of sewer pipeline ranging in size from 18 to 24 inches in diameter and work on associated structures. The project is being completed at a cost of $4 million.
RVSD, Marin Municipal Water District (MMWD), the Town of San Anselmo and Marin County are coordinating to reduce construction impacts from other projects in the Morningside and Brookside neighborhoods this summer. MMWD is replacing waterlines on Butterfield Rd. from Sir Francis Drake Blvd. to Kenrick Ave. RVSD plans to follow with sewer construction on Butterfield Rd. in summer 2019 and summer 2020.
These projects will rehabilitate critical water and sewer infrastructure and add an easterly sidewalk from Sir Francis Drake Blvd. to Brookside Elementary School, provide road sealing from Sir Francis Drake Blvd. to Kenrick Ave., and widen a narrow section of The Alameda to provide a safer route and enhance fire and police access.
Project Construction Will Include
- Sanitary sewer replacements on public and private property.
- Sewer pipeline rehabilitation via open-cut removal and replacement (~2,170 LF), pipe reaming (~440 LF), pipe bursting (~350 LF) and cured-in-place pipe lining methods (~350 LF on Sycamore), with bypass pumping of sanitary sewer flow.
- Excavation and backfill, shoring, saw cutting and lateral replacement.
- Pipe and manhole repairs.
- Pavement restoration.
What You Can Expect
Please expect noise, dust, lane closures and detours, parking restrictions, travel delays, and night-time work near the work sites during construction activity. Mail and package delivery to these areas will not be interrupted. Local and emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Noise, Dust, Lane Closures and Detours, Restricted Parking, Travel Delays, Night-Time Work
More Information About Construction Projects
To find out if there will be construction in your neighborhood
Notify Me at RVSD.org/notifyme and click to select the Construction Updates you want.
To leave a message or request being added to the project email list
Call RVSD at 415-259-2949. Our office staff are available Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
We can assist you with emergency service 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
RVSD APPRECIATES your patience as we fulfill our commitment to making strategic long-term infrastructure improvements.