Ross Common / Upper Shady Lane Sewer improvements
Large Diameter Gravity Sewer Project II-3A
Mobilize: July 2018
Complete: Spring 2019
Construction on Lagunitas is scheduled during the school break through August.
Work Hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Monday – Friday
Some night and weekend work is anticipated.
Construction Notices and Updates
- Click here to view the latest Construction Notice.
The Upper Shady Lane and Ross Common Sewer Improvements will replace old or outdated system infrastructure and enhance local wastewater system reliability and efficiency. Construction to improve system performance during wet weather will involve rehabilitation of 2,300 linear feet (LF) of sewer pipeline ranging in size from 8 to 28 inches in diameter and associated structures. The project is being completed at a cost of $4 million.
Work will take place within two project areas located in the Town of Ross: the Bolinas Ave/Upper Shady Lane area (Upper Shady) and the Lagunitas Ave/Ross Common (Ross Common).
Project Construction Will Include
- Sanitary sewer replacements on public and private property.
- Sewer pipeline rehabilitation via pipe bursting (~1,420 LF), open-cut removal and replacement (~650 LF) and slip-lining (~190 LF), with bypass pumping of sanitary sewer flow.
- Excavation, shoring and backfill, saw cutting, pipe and manhole repairs and new manholes.
- Landscape and pavement restoration.
What You Can Expect
Please expect noise and dust, vibration, possible odors, lane closures and detours, parking restrictions, travel delays and night-time work on streets near each work site during construction activity. Mail and package delivery to these areas will not be interrupted. Local and emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Noise, Dust, Vibration, Possible Odors, Lane Closures and Detours, Restricted Parking, Travel Delays
More Information About Construction Projects
To leave a message or request being added to the project email list
Call the RVSD Construction Hotline (415) 413-7805
The project team will respond to inquiries within 1-2 business days
To find out if there will be construction in your neighborhood
RVSD office staff are available Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. We can assist you with emergency service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our office and emergency number is 415-259-2949.